"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" Ephesians 3:20

Saturday, April 14, 2012

China ~ Day 3

Today was an incredibly long, wonderful day!  We all slept much better last night.  Jeb woke up around 3:30 am, but only stayed up a little while.  Everyone else slept great!  We started our day off early & left the hotel at 7:30 am.  We visited the Jade Factory first.  It was really neat to see the different kinds of jade & the locals who carve it.

Loden bought a jade cross with his own money...

Next, we headed to the Great Wall.  It was a super crowded day & around 85 degrees.  

Luke, Jeb, & I made it up to the first tower you see at the top.  Kevin & Loden made it up to the second tower.... the one in the middle.  The view is absolutely breathtaking!

The view from the second tower.

Jeb did an amazing job keeping up.  I was so proud of him!

We ate lunch nearby with a beautiful view of the mountains.  The food was great!
 

We drove by Olympic Village after lunch where we met our ride to New Hope Foster Home.  We rented a van with another family whose daughter was at New Hope until about 2 weeks ago.

New Hope was AMAZING! I am just ecstatic that we got to visit.  We were able to meet Robin & Joyce Hill, the founders, who have been instrumental in saving SO many orphans' lives.... including our Naomi's :)  I am assured after this trip that if not for their care, Naomi most definitely would have either not survived, or would have never had the opportunity to be adopted.  We are absolutely indebted to them.  I am just in awe of God's sovereignty....  the way He has orchestrated Naomi's entire life that led her to us & us to her.  She is first & foremost His child & has been in the palm of His hand.  It's so hard to believe that we only have one more day until we meet her!!!!!  Here are some pics of New Hope & some of the precious ones there... It is an amazing place :)

This is Robin & Joyce.  They have written a book with Elisabeth Gifford called "The House of Hope".... an amazing story of their lives & love for orphans.  They signed a copy for Naomi :)  What an amazing keepsake for her to have..... My cup truly runneth over.

This is the Nemo room that Naomi was in.  I have pictures of her in this room.

This was one of her ayis.  She remembered her & loved looking at all the pics of her on my phone.  I couldn't understand anything she was saying, but I know she could not get over how big she has gotten. 

Two precious ones (or lovely ones, as George, our guide, calls them) :)

I tried to hold them, but they just shook their heads "no"

They liked the boys :)


Tomorrow, we will leave our hotel at 7:30 am & fly to Zhengzhou where we get Naomi on Monday!!  Cannot believe only one more day!!! So excited!!  Going to sleep now feeling so very blessed :)  Thank you all so much for the sweet comments, thoughts, & prayers.  We are able to get them all through email when we are at the hotel. We have read them all & are so very appreciative for the support! It means SO much!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all have a full day. What a blessing you get to meet the people who took care of your daughter until you could get here. Crying tears of pure joy of how great our God; seeing His plan unfold is Amazing. Sleep well sweet friend! Can't wait to see pictures of you holding Naomi 
    ~Mindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I have been following your blog and sometimes I get chills reading the story. This is a wonderful time for you guys and I just feel the power of God everytime I read or think about you guys. The power of God amazes me daily and I know how you feel about being blessed. I thank him every day for the wonderful life and family he has given me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys! So thankful you got to meet Robin and Joyce. I hope to meet them one day as they saved Isaac's life too. Can't wait to see your sweet girl in your arms. Praying each time you come to mind. Love to you all!
    rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you all were able to visit New Hope! I know it was a wonderful day filled with lots of emotions as you saw the path God has provided for Naomi as she waited for you all. Praying for rest tonight and safe travel tomorrow! And praying for sweet Naomi as she spends her last nights away from you guys!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Love following along! Can't wait to SEE you with Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read your words over and over today with a heavy
    heart I am in awe of our amazing God! My eyes have
    been opened to what having FAITH truly means. I love
    you all so much. Can't wait to hear your voice and see your sweet faces.
    Love, Nana
    Love, Nana
    your sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you guys! I saw Jason & Kelly the other night & they said ya'll were there! I love following your blog. I'm filled with so many emotions as I look at your pictures. It's hard to believe it's been 4 months since we were there to get AubriAnna. God truely is amazing! HE carries these little ones in HIS hands & connects them to families half way around the world, giving hope to us all. Ready to see pics of that beautiful little girl in your arms. I'm beyond excited for ya'll!
    Praying God's blessings & safety for your family!
    Christie Hutcheson

    ReplyDelete